With the advent of titanium plate and screw technology it is very unlikely for your jaw to be wired after surgery. You will be able to speak and open your mouth immediately after surgery. A liquid diet is encouraged for the first week after surgery. After that we recommend a very soft diet for 5 to 7 weeks until your jaw is fully healed.
- What Can I Eat After Jaw Surgery?
- Dr. Robert Ferdowsmakan Transforms the Lives of Children Affected by Physical Abnormalities
- 92130 Resident and Oral Surgeon Donates Time and Skills To No-Cost Surgeries
- Interview with the San Diego Union-Tribune Community Spotlight Radio Show 12/2/15
- Local surgeon brings patients new options to face the future